There’s a longstanding theory that all food can be categorized as either a soup, salad or sandwich. Depending on who you ask, a hot dog is a sandwich, a cup of yogurt is soup, and a bowl of pasta could be salad.
For sandwich enthusiast and Desus & Mero producer Josh Gondelman, however, a sandwich was also a salad, thanks to the greens enthusiasm of his local bodega. Gondelman took to Twitter on Thursday to share a photo of the turkey sandwich he ordered, which had a 1:1 ratio of spinach to turkey and bread.
“I don’t know what message she’s trying to send, but the lady at my bodega snuck an entire salad into my turkey sandwich,” he quipped in his tweet caption. His salad-as-a-sandwich predicament resonated with the Internet, with the tweet receiving over 56k likes and over 3k retweets.
Gondelman later tweeted that he took out the plethora of spinach from his sandwich and ate it as a salad with a fork.
See his salad-sandwich below.
- Inside the Massive Effort to Change the Way Kids Are Taught to Read
- Dubai's Real Estate Market is Booming. One Company is Making It Possible to Invest From Anywhere in the World
- How to Exercise When It's Really Hot Outside
- A New Documentary Sheds Light on a Pivotal Movement in Asian American History
- Far From Home: Afghan Women are Attempting to Build New Lives Abroad
- What Experts Say About How Valuable The Inflation Reduction Act's Green Subsidies Will Be
- What to Know About Long COVID in Kids
- Want to Do More Good? This Movement Might Have the Answer