During Monday night’s episode, Alex Trebek showed a clip from the upcoming movie A Beautiful Day in the Neighborhood, which hits theaters nationwide this Friday, and is based on a 1998 Esquire profile of Fred Rogers by Tom Junod.
The $200 “biopics” question was simple enough: “In A Beautiful Day in the Neighborhood, beloved children’s TV host Mr. Rogers is played by this beloved actor.”
But there is some hope for Hanks devotees. The show explained on Twitter that it was due to “an audio issue with one of the clues” that nobody responded to the sight of Hanks.
Still, to the viewers at home, it seemed that Andrew Thomson, Beverly Randez and Kevin Jones all didn’t know the answer. Randez made an attempt, but Trebek said it was too late.
As of Tuesday morning, more than 172,000 people had viewed the now-viral video on Twitter. Many are quite alarmed that contestants didn’t recognize the star of such famous films as Forrest Gump, Saving Private Ryan, Cast Away, Big and Sleepless in Seattle.
- How the Biden Administration Lost Its Way
- Hanya Yanagihara Is Never Going to Read Your Mean Tweets
- Inside Finland's Plan to End All Waste by 2050
- Chloe Kim Is Ready to Win Olympic Gold Again—On Her Own Terms
- Asia Has Kept COVID-19 at Bay for 2 Years. Omicron Could Change That
- Investors Are Sinking Real Money Into Virtual Real Estate, With No Guarantees
- The Man Putin Fears