For their 27th wedding anniversary, the former first lady posted a heartfelt note to her husband on Instagram and Twitter. “27 years ago, this guy promised me a life full of adventure. I’d say he’s delivered,” she wrote.
Now that both of their daughters, Malia and Sasha, are away at college, Obama said she’s excited for more alone time with her husband. “Here’s to our next chapter of becoming empty nesters and discovering what’s next—while still feeling the magic that brought us together all those years ago. Happy anniversary, Barack.”
On his social media pages, the former president shared a photo of the two of them watching the sun set. In his caption, Obama used a line from the Beatles song “Getting Better.”
“Like the Beatles said: It’s getting better all the time. Thanks, babe, for 27 amazing years,” Obama said.
Barack and Michelle Obama supporters were happy they shared their anniversary messages with the world, if the comments are any indication. Their wedding day took place on Oct. 3, 1992.
- Extreme Heat Makes It Hard for Kids to Be Active. But Exercise Is Crucial In a Warming World
- Pelosi's Visit to Taiwan Has Badly Damaged U.S.-China Relations, But Not Irreversibly
- Reality TV Has Reshaped Our World, Whether We Like It or Not
- Progress Is Not A Given. It is Won: The Connection Between James Baldwin and Toni Morrison
- The Inflation Reduction Act's Name Says A Lot About The Climate Fight
- How Reservation Dogs Became More than Just Must-See Television in Its Second Season
- The U.S Will Soon Have Space Force Ambassadors Around the World