For their 27th wedding anniversary, the former first lady posted a heartfelt note to her husband on Instagram and Twitter. “27 years ago, this guy promised me a life full of adventure. I’d say he’s delivered,” she wrote.
Now that both of their daughters, Malia and Sasha, are away at college, Obama said she’s excited for more alone time with her husband. “Here’s to our next chapter of becoming empty nesters and discovering what’s next—while still feeling the magic that brought us together all those years ago. Happy anniversary, Barack.”
On his social media pages, the former president shared a photo of the two of them watching the sun set. In his caption, Obama used a line from the Beatles song “Getting Better.”
“Like the Beatles said: It’s getting better all the time. Thanks, babe, for 27 amazing years,” Obama said.
Barack and Michelle Obama supporters were happy they shared their anniversary messages with the world, if the comments are any indication. Their wedding day took place on Oct. 3, 1992.
- TIME's Top 100 Photos of 2021
- Inside Frances Haugen's Decision to Take on Facebook
- Why We Should Stop Freaking Out About Inflation
- Austria's Plan to Make COVID-19 Vaccines Compulsory Is Dividing Citizens — and Experts
- Inside the 80-Year Quest to Name Pearl Harbor's Unknown Victims
- Buying a House Feels Impossible These Days. Here Are 6 Innovative Paths to Homeownership
- 'They're Very Close.' U.S. General Says Iran Is Nearly Able to Build a Nuclear Weapon
- A Charter School's Racial Controversy Reveals the Real Battle For America's Classrooms