Millie Bobby Brown has responded to backlash over a video showing her faking a skincare routine. After Brown shared a video on Instagram over the weekend demonstrating how she uses her vegan skincare line for teenage girls, Florence by Mills, comments immediately began flowing in criticizing the Stranger Things star for pretending to use products like a face mist, scrub, wash and moisturizer.
“Are we going to ignore the fact she never put anything on her face?” one person commented. Others noted that Brown still had makeup on at the end of the video.
Brown has since deleted the video from her Instagram and replaced it with a screenshot from the Notes app explaining the thought process behind her decision.
“I’m still learning the best way to share my routines as I get to know this space better — I’m not an expert,” she wrote. “I thought doing a quick video replicating my personal process for that night was okay, but that’s not what was conveyed. I understand, I appreciate all of your feedback on this journey, please keep sharing your thoughts and I will too!”
Watch Brown’s skincare video, which is still up on the Florence by Mills YouTube page, below.
- The Man Who Thinks He Can Live Forever
- Why We Can't Get Over the Roman Empire
- The Final Season of Netflix’s Sex Education Sends Off a Beloved Cast in Style
- How Russia Is Recruiting Cubans to Fight in Ukraine
- The Case for Mediocrity
- Paul Hollywood Answers All of Your Questions About The Great British Baking Show
- How Canada and India's Relationship Crumbled
- Want Weekly Recs on What to Watch, Read, and More? Sign Up for Worth Your Time