In an Instagram post shared on her personal account on Thursday, the actress shared that she used to be a model, and at times, a hand model, a gig that led her to being the hand model for the famous poster for American Beauty, which features a hand holding a red rose against a bare stomach.
In the caption to the post, Hendricks shared that the hand in the image is hers, held against another model’s stomach and that she was “proud to be a part of this film in any way!”
The post shocked the Internet, with fans and fellow celebrities like her Mad Men co-star January Jones and fashion designer Christian Siriano responding with surprise and delight in the comments of the post.
See Hendricks’ hand and the responses to the post below.
- How the Biden Administration Lost Its Way
- Hanya Yanagihara Is Never Going to Read Your Mean Tweets
- Inside Finland's Plan to End All Waste by 2050
- Chloe Kim Is Ready to Win Olympic Gold Again—On Her Own Terms
- Asia Has Kept COVID-19 at Bay for 2 Years. Omicron Could Change That
- Investors Are Sinking Real Money Into Virtual Real Estate, With No Guarantees
- The Man Putin Fears