Warning: This post contains Avengers spoilers.
“I am inevitable,” Josh Brolin’s character says in the Marvel movie, before he snaps his hand full of what he believes to be infinity stones. “Yo soy inevitable,” says Thanos in the Spanish-language version of the scene.
But in the Takesabroso ad, in lieu of Iron Man (Robert Downey Jr.) and the Avengers squad trying to save the day, it’s the owner of Takesabroso, Luis Vazquez. “Yo soy Takesabroso,” he says, before snapping his fingers to reveal some of the restaurant’s delicious menu items.
As the video rolls footage of tacos and meat, a Thanos gif dances like nobody’s watching on the lower left-hand corner of the screen.
The video was edited by Jorge Lajud of Veracruz.
Twitter user @goingonajournie posted the commercial early Tuesday morning, and it’s garnered more than 800,000 views in less than one day.
The commercial first gained traction when Takesabroso it to Facebook on Aug. 2. “Yo soy Takesabroso,” the video is entitled, with no caption. The line translates to “I am Takesabroso” in English.
It’s not this restaurant’s first venture with editing its advertising using clips from movies and adding a silly flair. A previous video on Takesbroso’s Facebook page last month included a scene from Venom, so it’s safe to say the restaurant is run by some serious Marvel fans.
- Workers Are Furious. Their Unions Are Scrambling to Catch Up
- What the Facebook Whistleblower Did to the Company's Stock in 6 Weeks
- Photos from Migrants' Desperate Journeys to the U.S. Border
- Emily Ratajkowski: How I Learned to Let Go
- Afghanistan's Female Students Were Banned from Studying. Now Some Are Finding New Ways to Learn
- The 'Safe Supply' Movement Aims to Curb Drug Deaths Linked to the Opioid Crisis
- The 19 Most Underrated Movies on Netflix
- By Ending Legacy Admissions, Amherst Hopes to Change the Makeup of Its Student Body