Today is National Avocado Day, and in honor of this special occasion, Chipotle is gifting us all with the best kind of burrito surprise: free guac. “Our guac has a massive following of super-fans and what better day to celebrate our iconic side than on National Avocado Day?” said Laurie Schalow, Chipotle’s Chief Corporate Reputation Officer.
When placing an order online or through the Chipotle app, you can add guacamole to your entrée of choice for no extra cost. (The much-favored condiment usually costs an extra $1.95.) But just remember, you can only get one serving of free guac per regular-priced entree — and the offer is only available today, July 31.
To add on to this avocado party, Chipotle has also announced that starting July 26, they will be holding a second official TikTok challenge — which they are calling #GuacDance — in conjunction with the free guacamole promotion. #GuacDance is meant to encourage customers to “show off moves dedicated to everyone’s favorite fruit,” a Chipotle press release explains. (If you need choreography inspiration, consider this classic guacamole-themed Vine.) The hashtag challenge partnership with TikTok is the first for a restaurant brand, Chipotle says.
Their first challenge, the #ChipotleLidFlip, premiered in honor of Cinco de Mayo, and garnered attention on Twitter and TikTok, with over 240 million views on the video sharing platform. The “Lid Flip” was made famous by a Chipotle employee who introduced the viral “signature burrito bowl flip,” according to Chicago Food magazine.
- What We Know So Far About the Deadly Earthquakes in Turkey and Syria
- Beyoncé's Album of the Year Snub Fits Into the Grammys' Long History of Overlooking Black Women
- How the U.S. Shot Down the Alleged Chinese Spy Balloon
- Effective Altruism Has a Toxic Culture of Sexual Harassment and Abuse, Women Say
- Inside Bolsonaro's Surreal New Life as a Florida Man—and MAGA Darling
- 'Return to Office' Plans Spell Trouble for Working Moms
- 8 Ways to Read More Books—and Why You Should
- Why Aren't Movies Sexy Anymore?
- How Logan Paul's Crypto Empire Fell Apart