Legendary riot grrrl pioneer Kathleen Hanna returns to her Pacific Northwest roots in the video for “Goodnight Goodbye” by The Julie Ruin, her latest musical project.
The new clip was shot entirely on Super 8 film as the band toured through Olympia, Wa., where Hanna lived and formed her iconic band Bikini Kill. The result plays like an intimate tour diary — or as if one of those American Idol homecoming videos had an incredibly catchy, synth-heavy dance rock soundtrack.
While Hanna has been absent from the music scene for awhile, her return is in full force with The Julie Ruin, who released their debut full-length album, Run Fast, last September. Suffice it to say that it’s good to have her back.
- Taylor Swift Is TIME's 2023 Person of the Year
- Meet the Nation Builders
- Why Cell Phone Reception Is Getting Worse
- Column: It's Time to Scrap the Abraham Accords
- Israeli Family Celebrates Release of Hostage Grandmother
- In a New Movie, Beyoncé Finds Freedom
- The Top 100 Photos of 2023
- Want Weekly Recs on What to Watch, Read, and More? Sign Up for Worth Your Time