In a video shared by an Anchorage homeowner, an overheated moose can be seen lying next to a sprinkler in order to cool off during the record-breaking heat wave that enveloped much of Alaska in the past week.
“Alaska is dealing with a record heat wave right now and everyone is doing what they can to stay cool. Even the wildlife,” the video’s description reads. “This moose was just chilling under sprinkler after sprinkler hopping from yard to yard before finally settling down for a good soak.”
While Alaska’s average temperature hit its highest level ever recorded on back-to-back days last week, temperatures in Anchorage hit 90 degrees for the first time in the state’s recorded history on July 4. The city then matched its previous record temperature of 85 degrees on July 7 and 8. Normal temperatures this time of year in Anchorage range in the 60s.
No wonder this poor moose was in desperate need of some relief from the heat!
Watch the video below.
- The Real Reason Florida Wants to Ban AP African-American Studies, According to an Architect of the Course
- Column: Tyre Nichols' Killing Is The Result of a Diseased Culture
- Without Evusheld, Immunocompromised People Are on Their Own Against COVID-19
- Here Are All the Movies and TV Shows That Make Up the New DCU
- TikTok's 'De-Influencing' Trend Is Here to Tell You What Stuff You Don't Need to Buy
- Column: America Goes About Juvenile Crime Sentencing All Wrong
- Why Your Tax Refund May Be Lower This Year
- Brazil Wants to Abandon a 34,000-Ton Ship at Sea. It Would be an Environmental Disaster
- The 5 Best New TV Shows Our Critic Watched in January 2023