The royal kids had their first “playdate” Wednesday when their mothers, Meghan, Duchess of Sussex and Catherine, Duchess of Cambridge took them to the King Power Royal Charity Polo Day. The families cheered on fathers Prince Harry, Duke of Sussex and Prince William, Duke of Cambridge as they played in the competition.
Though Meghan Markle has appeared publicly since she gave birth to Archie on May 6, this is the baby’s first day out and about. The family has shared pictures of Archie after his birth, for Mother’s Day and Father’s Day on Instagram, and most recently for his christening on Saturday. The polo match was held in Wokingham, England, which isn’t too far from the Sussex home at Frogmore Cottage in Windsor.
The mothers watched the game from the sidelines with their children.
Of course, Prince George and his siblings, Princess Charlotte of Cambridge and Prince Louis of Cambridge, were cute as ever, too. One-year-old Prince Louis even showed off his style with some too-big sunglasses snapped on camera and shared on social media.
While Prince Harry and Meghan left their joint charity with Prince William and Kate in June, Wednesday’s event benefited causes that both the Sussex and Cambridge couples are passionate about, including the habitats of Africa and the Queen’s Commonwealth Trust, the caption of a Sussex Royal Instagram post says.
It’s been a sporty summer for Meghan, who recently attended a Wimbledon match on July 4 to cheer on her friend Serena Williams, and Kate, who serves as the Patron of the All England Club, which hosts Wimbledon.
- Extreme Heat Makes It Hard for Kids to Be Active. But Exercise Is Crucial In a Warming World
- Pelosi's Visit to Taiwan Has Badly Damaged U.S.-China Relations, But Not Irreversibly
- Reality TV Has Reshaped Our World, Whether We Like It or Not
- Progress Is Not A Given. It is Won: The Connection Between James Baldwin and Toni Morrison
- The Inflation Reduction Act's Name Says A Lot About The Climate Fight
- How Reservation Dogs Became More than Just Must-See Television in Its Second Season
- The U.S Will Soon Have Space Force Ambassadors Around the World