Meghan Markle, Duchess of Sussex and friend to tennis pro Serena Williams, made a surprise appearance at day four of Wimbledon to watch Williams play in her second round match.
This is Markle’s second time at Wimbledon as a royal; she attended last summer as well with Kate Middleton. Middleton attended this year’s Wimbledon on Tuesday, watching British player Harriet Dart defeat the U.S.’s Christina McHale.
Williams, ranked the number 10 tennis player in the world, played against Slovenia’s Kaja Juvan, ranked number 133, on Thursday. Williams won the second round match in the third set, 2-6 6-2 6-4. Markle attended the game with two friends Genevieve Hills and Lindsay Roth.
William’s sister, tennis pro Venus Williams, was defeated Monday by 15-year-old Cori Gauff, who went on to beat Magdaléna Rybáriková on Wednesday.
- The Fall of Roe and the Failure of the Feminist Industrial Complex
- What Trump Knew About January 6
- Follow the Algae Brick Road to Plant-Based Buildings
- The Benefits and Challenges of Cutting Back on Meat
- Here's Everything New on Netflix in July 2022—and What's Leaving
- Women in Northern Ireland Still Struggle to Access Abortion More Than 2 Years After Decriminalization
- What the Supreme Court’s Abortion Decision Means for Your State