Miley Cyrus apparently can’t stop getting naked.
A week after the news broke that the 21-year-old pop star posed nude in a photo shoot for W magazine, the “Wrecking Ball” singer tweeted the racy covers from an upcoming German edition of Vogue. The photos feature her wearing, well, barely anything at all.
In the cover photos, Cyrus sports blonde curled hair and bright red lipstick in an apparent tribute to Marilyn Monroe. And while the cover leaves something to the imagination, other pictures from the shoot with fashion photographer Mario Testino show the pop star completely topless.
Cyrus certainly isn’t the only star to pay her respects to Monroe, who famously posed nude for a 1953 edition of Playboy; actress Lindsay Lohan partook in a similar photo shoot in 2011.
Some might even argue the creative concept is a little played out: The satirical newspaper The Onion called it “powerfully original.”
- The Fall of Roe and the Failure of the Feminist Industrial Complex
- The Ocean Is Climate Change’s First Victim and Last Resort
- Column: 6 Proven Ways to Reduce Gun Violence
- Ads Are Officially Coming to Netflix. Here's What That Means for You
- Jenny Slate on the Unifying Power of a Well-Heeled Shell Named Marcel
- Column: The FDA's Juul Ban May Not be a Pure Public Health Triumph
- What the Supreme Court’s Abortion Decision Means for Your State