After a year of dating, Cara Delevingne has gone public with her relationship with actress Ashley Benson. Over the weekend, Delevingne took to Instagram to share a clip of the couple kissing in a scene from the movie starred in together, Her Smell. In her caption, Delevingne simply used the hashtag, “#PRIDE” along with plenty of rainbow, heart and heart-eye emojis.
While at the TrevorLIVE gala in New York City on Monday night, Delevingne told E! News that she decided to post the clip in honor of celebrating her one year anniversary with Benson and the 50th anniversary of the Stonewall Riots.
“I don’t know because it is Pride, it’s been 50 years since Stonewall happened and I don’t know,” she said. “It’s been just about our one-year anniversary so, why not?”
Delevingne, who was honored at the gala with the Hero Award for her commitment to supporting The Trevor Project’s mission of ending suicide among LGBTQ youth, also sweetly thanked Benson in her acceptance speech, even giving her a loving shoutout with her nickname at the end.
“I also have another very special woman in this room to thank and you know who you are,” she said. “She’s one of the people who help me love myself when I needed it most and I really needed it. She showed me what real love is and how to accept it, which is a lot harder than I thought. I love you, Sprinkles!”
See Delevingne’s Instagram of Benson below.
- Who Will Be TIME's Person of the Year 2023?
- Why Cell Phone Reception Is Getting Worse
- The Dirty Secrets of Alternative Plastics
- Column: It's Time to Scrap the Abraham Accords
- Israeli Family Celebrates Release of Hostage Grandmother
- In a New Movie, Beyoncé Finds Freedom
- The Top 100 Photos of 2023
- Want Weekly Recs on What to Watch, Read, and More? Sign Up for Worth Your Time