Scream memes are apparently all the rage this summer. After Meryl Streep kicked this week’s meme cycle off with a gut-wrenching howl on Big Little Lies, Toronto Raptors assistant coach Jamaal Magloire made his own mark on the viral internet landscape by shouting into a paper cup during Game 6 of the 2019 NBA Finals.
In order to be heard over the din of the crowd in Oracle Arena on Thursday, Magloire cut out the bottom of a paper Gatorade cup so he could yell at his players through it. Of course, as soon as fans caught sight of his innovative coaching technique, it was instantly turned into a meme.
As a photo of Magloire holding up his cup-turned-megaphone spread across Twitter, people began adding hilarious captions imagining what the Toronto coach may have been screaming about. The topics ranged from NBA-related shade — “Seth [Curry] shot a higher percentage of threes than Steph [Curry] did this season!” — to passionate food opinions — “BONELESS CHICKEN WINGS AREN’T CHICKEN WINGS.”
See some of the best memes below.
- What We Know So Far About the Deadly Earthquakes in Turkey and Syria
- Beyoncé's Album of the Year Snub Fits Into the Grammys' Long History of Overlooking Black Women
- How the U.S. Shot Down the Alleged Chinese Spy Balloon
- Effective Altruism Has a Toxic Culture of Sexual Harassment and Abuse, Women Say
- Inside Bolsonaro's Surreal New Life as a Florida Man—and MAGA Darling
- 'Return to Office' Plans Spell Trouble for Working Moms
- 8 Ways to Read More Books—and Why You Should
- Why Aren't Movies Sexy Anymore?
- How Logan Paul's Crypto Empire Fell Apart