When a Law & Order SVU viewer sat down at a restaurant a few weeks ago, she saw a woman who resembled Detective Olivia Benson. The diner didn’t hesitate to remark to the woman that she looked a lot like the actress who played her, but a much younger and prettier version.
What she didn’t realize, of course, was that she was talking to actress Mariska Hargitay herself. Luckily, Hargitay wasn’t completely offended, and even paid for the woman’s tab on her way out. Watch Hargitay recount the story to Chelsea Handler on last night’s episode of Chelsea Lately.
More Must-Read Stories From TIME
- How an Online Pharmacy Sold Millions Worth Of Dubious COVID-19 Drugs — While Patients Paid the Price
- Why Literally Millions of Americans Are Quitting Their Jobs
- Meet the Women Participating in the Study That Could Change Future of Breast Cancer
- Inside the Battle for the Hearts and Minds of Tomorrow's Business Leaders
- An Innovative Washington Law Aims to Get Foreign-Trained Doctors Back in Hospitals
- Why the Ex-Husband of a Missing Chinese Billionaire Is Risking All to Tell Their Story
- Timothée Chalamet Wants You to Wear Your Heart on Your Sleeve