Yesterday we introduced you to Veet’s newest ad campaign, which proclaimed that having body hair–something that practically all human beings are born with–actually makes you a dude, and we all know there’s nothing worse than being a dude.
As the backlash spread across the web and landed on their Facebook page, Veet decided to yank the trio of ads, which all depict women turning into men as soon as their body hair begins to grow back after shaving. A spokesperson for the company that owns Veet also provided the following statement to Jezebel:
(You can read the full statement over at Jez.)
Feminists: 1, Veet: 0.
- What a Photographer Saw in the West Bank
- Accenture’s Chief AI Officer on Why This Is a Defining Moment
- Inside COP28's Big 'Experiment'
- U.S. Doctors Can't Be Silent About Gaza: Column
- The Movie Wives Would Like a Word
- The 100 Must-Read Books of 2023
- The Top 100 Photos of 2023
- Want Weekly Recs on What to Watch, Read, and More? Sign Up for Worth Your Time