Meghan, the Duchess of Sussex gave birth to her royal baby boy on Monday, and her husband, Prince Harry, can’t stop smiling.
The new dad, whose son is now seventh in line to the British throne, couldn’t be more excited. “And as every father and parent would say, your baby is absolutely amazing,” he said on Monday afternoon local time, in a video shared on the Sussex Instagram account. “But this little thing is absolutely to die for, so I’m just over the moon.”
He also took the time to appreciate his wife, whose royal baby was a little overdue. “I’m so incredibly proud of my wife,” he said. “It’s been the most amazing experience I could ever have possibly imagined. How any woman does what they do is beyond comprehension.”
Prince Harry also thanked the public for support during his wife’s pregnancy. “We’re both absolutely thrilled and so grateful to all the love and support from everybody out there.”
The baby was born at 5:26 a.m. local time Monday at 7 pounds, 3 ounces, according to the Sussex Instagram account. “The Duchess and baby are both healthy and well, and the couple thank members of the public for their shared excitement and support during this very special time in their lives,” the Duke and Duchess announced in an Instagram post.
Prince Harry and the Duchess haven’t yet chosen a name for the royal baby, he said Monday, but we’ll meet the royal baby in just two days, so the naming announcement could come shortly.
- Donald Trump Was Just Indicted. Here's What to Know About the Charges and the Case
- What Could Happen Next for Donald Trump
- Trump's Indictment Drama Showcased His Rivals' Weakness
- Inside Ukraine's Push to Try Putin For War Crimes
- Bad Bunny's Next Move
- Elon Musk Signs Open Letter Urging AI Labs to Pump the Brakes
- Eliezer Yudkowsky: Pausing AI Developments Isn't Enough. We Need to Shut it All Down
- 'How Is This Still Happening?' A Survivor Questions America's Gun Violence Problem
- Cheryl Strayed Will Always Be Here for You
- Who Should Be on the 2023 TIME100? Vote Now