The new dad, whose son is now seventh in line to the British throne, couldn’t be more excited. “And as every father and parent would say, your baby is absolutely amazing,” he said on Monday afternoon local time, in a video shared on the Sussex Instagram account. “But this little thing is absolutely to die for, so I’m just over the moon.”
He also took the time to appreciate his wife, whose royal baby was a little overdue. “I’m so incredibly proud of my wife,” he said. “It’s been the most amazing experience I could ever have possibly imagined. How any woman does what they do is beyond comprehension.”
Prince Harry also thanked the public for support during his wife’s pregnancy. “We’re both absolutely thrilled and so grateful to all the love and support from everybody out there.”
The baby was born at 5:26 a.m. local time Monday at 7 pounds, 3 ounces, according to the Sussex Instagram account. “The Duchess and baby are both healthy and well, and the couple thank members of the public for their shared excitement and support during this very special time in their lives,” the Duke and Duchess announced in an Instagram post.
Prince Harry and the Duchess haven’t yet chosen a name for the royal baby, he said Monday, but we’ll meet the royal baby in just two days, so the naming announcement could come shortly.
- The Man Who Thinks He Can Live Forever
- Rooftop Solar Power Has a Dark Side
- How a Government Shutdown Could Affect You
- Colleges Get Creative to Boost Mental Health
- Is It Flu, COVID-19, or RSV? Navigating At-Home Tests
- Paul Hollywood Answers All of Your Questions About The Great British Baking Show
- How Canada and India's Relationship Crumbled
- Want Weekly Recs on What to Watch, Read, and More? Sign Up for Worth Your Time