Actress and singer Selena Gomez secretly checked into an Arizona rehab facility for the first two weeks of January after canceling the Australian leg of her tour.
“Selena voluntarily spent time at Meadows but not for substance abuse,” Gomez’s rep told People. But RadarOnline, who first reported the story, alleges that the Spring Break star’s hard-partying habits had friends and family worried.
Gomez, 21, canceled part of her Stars Dance concert in December, stating: “It has become clear to me and those close to me that after many years putting my work first, I need to spend some time on myself in order to be the best person I can be.”
Gomez’s on-again-off-again boyfriend Justin Bieber has recently made headlines for a series of run-ins with police, including a DUI.
- TIME's Top 100 Photos of 2022
- I Tested Positive for COVID-19 Right Before the Holidays. What Should I Do?
- Column: How To Create a Sense of Belonging In a Divided America
- How to Survive the Holidays if You're a Scrooge
- Life Expectancy Provides Evidence of How Far Black Americans Have Come
- The 10 Best Albums of 2022
- Iran Has a Long History of Protest and Activism
- 6 Ways to Give Better Gifts—Based on Science