One person has been pronounced dead after a homicide at an apartment complex near the University of North Carolina-Charlotte (UNCC), just a day after a shooting on the college campus killed two and injured four.
Police confirmed the death on Twitter at around 9 pm local time. The university’s Office of Emergency Management said it received reports that multiple persons are injured and that officials are closely monitoring the situation.
The complex is listed as one of the university’s off-campus apartments on the UNCC housing website.
No details have been released regarding the identity of the victim or a possible suspect.
UNCC confirmed that the two victims in Tuesday’s shooting were 21-year-old Riley C. Howell and 19-year old Ellis R. Parlier, both students at the university.
It is not known whether tonight’s incident is related to the Tuesday shooting.
- The Fall of Roe and the Failure of the Feminist Industrial Complex
- What Trump Knew About January 6
- The Ocean Is Climate Change’s First Victim and Last Resort
- Column: 6 Proven Ways to Reduce Gun Violence
- Ads Are Officially Coming to Netflix. Here's What That Means for You
- Jenny Slate on the Unifying Power of a Well-Heeled Shell Named Marcel
- Column: The FDA's Juul Ban May Not be a Pure Public Health Triumph
- What the Supreme Court’s Abortion Decision Means for Your State