If you’re looking for an escape from the endless winter, step right this way and let Lily Allen serve as your tour guide.
While there’s still no word on when Allen might get around to releasing her supposedly forthcoming new album, she has been keeping fans sated with a steady stream of new music. To wit: hot on the heels of her new Girls soundtrack cut, “L8 CMMR,” Lily Allen has released a video for “Air Balloon,” a sugar-sweet song penned by Allen herself alongside Shellback, who helped helm One Direction’s “Kiss You” and Taylor Swift’s “I Knew You Were Trouble.”
Filmed in Cape Town, South Africa, butterflies float around Allen’s head as she takes us on a safari, replete with cheetahs and zebras, before heading to outer space and back again. Directed by That Go (Noel Paul and Stefan Moore), the video provides a perfect accompaniment to Allen’s head-bobbing pop song with its snap-along beat.
The combination of song and video results in an easy summertime vibe that’s the perfect antidote to the snowy blues — at least for the track’s 4:02 running time. Then it’s back to winter. Although you can always watch again.
- Extreme Heat Makes It Hard for Kids to Be Active. But Exercise Is Crucial In a Warming World
- Pelosi's Visit to Taiwan Has Badly Damaged U.S.-China Relations, But Not Irreversibly
- Reality TV Has Reshaped Our World, Whether We Like It or Not
- Progress Is Not A Given. It is Won: The Connection Between James Baldwin and Toni Morrison
- The Inflation Reduction Act's Name Says A Lot About The Climate Fight
- How Reservation Dogs Became More than Just Must-See Television in Its Second Season
- The U.S Will Soon Have Space Force Ambassadors Around the World