If you’re looking for an escape from the endless winter, step right this way and let Lily Allen serve as your tour guide.
While there’s still no word on when Allen might get around to releasing her supposedly forthcoming new album, she has been keeping fans sated with a steady stream of new music. To wit: hot on the heels of her new Girls soundtrack cut, “L8 CMMR,” Lily Allen has released a video for “Air Balloon,” a sugar-sweet song penned by Allen herself alongside Shellback, who helped helm One Direction’s “Kiss You” and Taylor Swift’s “I Knew You Were Trouble.”
Filmed in Cape Town, South Africa, butterflies float around Allen’s head as she takes us on a safari, replete with cheetahs and zebras, before heading to outer space and back again. Directed by That Go (Noel Paul and Stefan Moore), the video provides a perfect accompaniment to Allen’s head-bobbing pop song with its snap-along beat.
The combination of song and video results in an easy summertime vibe that’s the perfect antidote to the snowy blues — at least for the track’s 4:02 running time. Then it’s back to winter. Although you can always watch again.
- The Fall of Roe and the Failure of the Feminist Industrial Complex
- The Ocean Is Climate Change’s First Victim and Last Resort
- Column: 6 Proven Ways to Reduce Gun Violence
- Ads Are Officially Coming to Netflix. Here's What That Means for You
- Jenny Slate on the Unifying Power of a Well-Heeled Shell Named Marcel
- Column: The FDA's Juul Ban May Not be a Pure Public Health Triumph
- What the Supreme Court’s Abortion Decision Means for Your State