Police continued to search for a suspect in a “multiple homicide investigation” on Tuesday, more than 24 hours after four people were found dead inside a business in Mandan, N.D.
Authorities responded to a medical call around 7:30 a.m. Monday and found the bodies of three men and one woman inside the building for RJR Maintenance & Management, a property management company in Mandan that employs about 21 people, according to its website.
The victims, all of whom worked at RJR, were 52-year-old Robert Fakler, 42-year-old Adam Fuehrer, 45-year-old Lois Cobb and 50-year-old William Cobb, Mandan Police Chief Jason Ziegler confirmed Tuesday. Fakler was the owner of RJR.
Ziegler, who called the crime a “rare scene” and described the killings as “an isolated incident,” said police have not identified any suspects yet, though they questioned and released a few RJR employees on Monday.
“This was very specific to the victims that were involved. There’s nothing that was at the crime scene that would lead us to believe that anyone outside the victims involved are in any danger,” Ziegler said at a press conference on Tuesday.
“At this time, we do not have suspects in custody. We ask the public to be vigilant and to report any information they may have.”
Ziegler declined to confirm the victims’ cause of death, how they were found, when they died or what the perpetrator’s motive might have been. He said no weapons were recovered from the crime scene, and the suspected killer is not believed to be one of the four people found dead inside the building.
“It’s very unusual for the state of North Dakota. I don’t think any community across this great country could ever imagine something like this happening in their backyard,” he said. “It’s very devastating for a community, and RJR has always been a reputable company in this area.”
- The Inside Story of Princeton's Cinderella Run at March Madness
- The Case for Betting on Succession's Tom Wambsgans
- For Both Donald Trump and Alvin Bragg, the Central Park Jogger Case Was a Turning Point
- If Donald Trump Is Indicted, Here's What Would Happen Next in the Process
- Alison Roman Won't Sugarcoat It
- Why Not All Observant Muslims Fast During Ramadan
- It's Time to Say a Loving Goodbye to John Wick
- Who Should Be on the 2023 TIME100? Vote Now
- Column: Ozempic Exposed the Cracks in the Body Positivity Movement