The 2019 Oscars may have already been handed out, but there’s an early frontrunner for next year’s best live action short film. The short has everything—high drama, imminent danger, unbelievable athletic feats, a quick-thinking protagonist, and bold acts of heroism that will have audiences on the edge of their seats, all packed into less than 30 seconds.
The video, which was shared online by Twitter user @djsantero, kicks off with a moment of high drama. Two small kids are playing on a snow-covered hill seemingly completely unaware that they are in the path of a rapidly oncoming sled. From out of nowhere a hero jumps into action. He leaps into the path of the sled and grabs one child, tucking them under his arm. He then grabs the second one by the arm and realizing that he has no other option, leap frogs over the speeding sled with both children in his arms, keeping everyone safe from an otherwise potentially serious collision.
They say that adrenaline can give you unexpected strength and this video seems to prove it. The tweet and the embedded video has since gone viral and for good reason—it’s a great short film. If, for some reason, it isn’t eligible for an Oscar come 2020, at least give the guy a World’s Greatest Dad mug.
- The Man Who Thinks He Can Live Forever
- Why We Can't Get Over the Roman Empire
- The Final Season of Netflix’s Sex Education Sends Off a Beloved Cast in Style
- How Russia Is Recruiting Cubans to Fight in Ukraine
- The Case for Mediocrity
- Paul Hollywood Answers All of Your Questions About The Great British Baking Show
- How Canada and India's Relationship Crumbled
- Want Weekly Recs on What to Watch, Read, and More? Sign Up for Worth Your Time