If your upcoming flight lands in Austin, Texas, you’re going to have more than just a view of the city.
The artist, Stan Herd, reportedly spent up to $10,000 in the materials, transportation and housing the project took, but he told ABC’s local news channel in Austin, KVUE, that it was a community effort to make the artwork.
The portrait has a diameter of approximately two acres and it is located just a couple miles north of Austin Bergstrom International Airport.
- Climate-Conscious Architects Want Europe To Build Less
- The Red-State Governor Who's Not Afraid to Be 'Woke'
- Jonathan Van Ness: We Are Still Not Taking Monkeypox Seriously Enough
- The Not-So-Romantic Return of Europe's Sleeper Trains
- This Filmmaker Set Out To Record Her Family’s Journey Rebuilding Afghanistan. Her Work Is a Reminder of What’s at Stake
- Why Sunscreen Ingredients Need More Safety Data
- What Historians Think of the Joe Biden-Jimmy Carter Comparisons
- Author Mimi Zhu Is Relearning What It Means to Love After Trauma