Pyle, who illustrates and writes “Strange Planet,” a quirky comic series about wry and earnest extraterrestials makes the case that life on other planets may not be that much different from our own. Pyle’s aliens experience joy, heartbreak and challenges in many of the same instances that the average human Joe does.
Pyle’s comics have struck a chord on the Internet, especially on Instagram, where his Strange Planet has accumulated a viral following, clocking in at a whopping 1 million followers. His otherworldly comics are so popular that Pyle has even launched Strange Planet-themed merchandise, ranging from shirts to beach towels.
If you’re looking to bring some joy to your timeline, consider giving Pyle’s account a follow. See some of his best comics below.
- Essay: The Tyre Nichols Videos Demand Solemnity, Not Sensationalism
- For People With Disabilities, Losing Abortion Access Can Be a Matter of Life or Death
- Inside the Stealth Efforts to Smuggle Starlink Internet Into Iran
- Natasha Lyonne on Poker Face and Creating Characters Who Subvert Leading-Lady Tropes
- How to Help the Victims and Community After the Monterey Park Shooting
- Why Grocery Staples Are So Expensive Right Now
- Quantum Computers Could Solve Countless Problems—and Create a Lot of New Ones
- Where to Watch All of the 2023 Oscar Nominees
- How to Be Mindful if You Hate Meditating