Texas politician Beto O’Rourke announced his intention to run for president in the 2020 election on Thursday morning, the roll-out of which included a very in-depth Vanity Fair cover story. However, his big news may have been overshadowed by the true star of the O’Rourke household: his dog, Artemis.
In the Annie Leibovitz-lensed shots of O’Rourke and his family, Artemis steals the show, showing herself to be an elegant and self-actualized pooch who might be the charismatic running partner that O’Rourke will need to give him an edge over the many, many other Democrats who have thrown their hats in the ring for the 2020 presidential election so far.
Artemis’ Vanity Fair debut was widely lauded on the Internet, where she was declared not only a very good girl, but the true star of the cover shoot, which honestly, is not far from the truth. Artemis became the talk of Twitter, where many widely wondered what she thought of O’Rourke’s decision to run.
See the best responses to Artemis online, below.
- Workers Are Furious. Their Unions Are Scrambling to Catch Up
- What the Facebook Whistleblower Did to the Company's Stock in 6 Weeks
- Photos from Migrants' Desperate Journeys to the U.S. Border
- Emily Ratajkowski: How I Learned to Let Go
- Afghanistan's Female Students Were Banned from Studying. Now Some Are Finding New Ways to Learn
- The 'Safe Supply' Movement Aims to Curb Drug Deaths Linked to the Opioid Crisis
- The 19 Most Underrated Movies on Netflix
- By Ending Legacy Admissions, Amherst Hopes to Change the Makeup of Its Student Body