Every year, the editors of TIME recognize the 100 most influential people in the world. The annual list gathers the artists, leaders, scientists, activists and entrepreneurs who have changed the world over the last year—for better or worse. More than a decade after the first TIME 100, creators continue to produce historic innovations while artists and athletes top their record-breaking achievements.
Contenders for this year’s TIME 100 reader poll include athletes like Serena Williams and politicians like Venezuela‘s opposition leader Juan Guaidó. Some of the youngest influencers include Greta Thunberg, the climate activist from Sweden, and the K-pop group BTS.
TIME’s editors choose the final list, but we want to know what our readers think. Voting, in partnership with Apester, began on March 27 and closed on April 16. The TIME 100 list will be announced on April 17.
More Must-Reads From TIME
- East Palestine, One Year After Train Derailment
- How Tech Giants Turned Ukraine Into an AI War Lab
- In the Belly of MrBeast
- The Closers: 18 People Working to End the Racial Wealth Gap
- How Long Should You Isolate With COVID-19?
- The Best Romantic Comedies to Watch on Netflix
- Taylor Swift Is TIME's 2023 Person of the Year
- Want Weekly Recs on What to Watch, Read, and More? Sign Up for Worth Your Time
Contact us at email@example.com