Every year, the editors of TIME recognize the 100 most influential people in the world. The annual list gathers the artists, leaders, scientists, activists and entrepreneurs who have changed the world over the last year—for better or worse. More than a decade after the first TIME 100, creators continue to produce historic innovations while artists and athletes top their record-breaking achievements.
Contenders for this year’s TIME 100 reader poll include athletes like Serena Williams and politicians like Venezuela‘s opposition leader Juan Guaidó. Some of the youngest influencers include Greta Thunberg, the climate activist from Sweden, and the K-pop group BTS.
TIME’s editors choose the final list, but we want to know what our readers think. Voting, in partnership with Apester, began on March 27 and closed on April 16. The TIME 100 list will be announced on April 17.
- The Fall of Roe and the Failure of the Feminist Industrial Complex
- What Trump Knew About January 6
- Follow the Algae Brick Road to Plant-Based Buildings
- The Education of Glenn Youngkin
- The Benefits and Challenges of Cutting Back on Meat
- Here's Everything New on Netflix in July 2022—and What's Leaving
- Women in Northern Ireland Still Struggle to Access Abortion More Than 2 Years After Decriminalization