Every year, the editors of TIME recognize the 100 most influential people in the world. The annual list gathers the artists, leaders, scientists, activists and entrepreneurs who have changed the world over the last year—for better or worse. More than a decade after the first TIME 100, creators continue to produce historic innovations while artists and athletes top their record-breaking achievements.
Contenders for this year’s TIME 100 reader poll include athletes like Serena Williams and politicians like Venezuela‘s opposition leader Juan Guaidó. Some of the youngest influencers include Greta Thunberg, the climate activist from Sweden, and the K-pop group BTS.
TIME’s editors choose the final list, but we want to know what our readers think. Voting, in partnership with Apester, began on March 27 and closed on April 16. The TIME 100 list will be announced on April 17.
More Must-Read Stories From TIME
- How an Online Pharmacy Sold Millions Worth Of Dubious COVID-19 Drugs — While Patients Paid the Price
- Why Literally Millions of Americans Are Quitting Their Jobs
- Meet the Women Participating in the Study That Could Change Future of Breast Cancer
- Inside the Battle for the Hearts and Minds of Tomorrow's Business Leaders
- An Innovative Washington Law Aims to Get Foreign-Trained Doctors Back in Hospitals
- Why the Ex-Husband of a Missing Chinese Billionaire Is Risking All to Tell Their Story
- Timothée Chalamet Wants You to Wear Your Heart on Your Sleeve