Every year, the editors of TIME recognize the 100 most influential people in the world. The annual list gathers the artists, leaders, scientists, activists and entrepreneurs who have changed the world over the last year—for better or worse. More than a decade after the first TIME 100, creators continue to produce historic innovations while artists and athletes top their record-breaking achievements.
Contenders for this year’s TIME 100 reader poll include athletes like Serena Williams and politicians like Venezuela‘s opposition leader Juan Guaidó. Some of the youngest influencers include Greta Thunberg, the climate activist from Sweden, and the K-pop group BTS.
TIME’s editors choose the final list, but we want to know what our readers think. Voting, in partnership with Apester, began on March 27 and closed on April 16. The TIME 100 list will be announced on April 17.
- Zero-COVID Protests in China Have Rattled Global Markets
- Column: Diversity Initiatives Are Failing the U.S. Muslim Community
- Why European Countries Are Giving Teens Free Money To Spend on Books, Music, and Theater
- Republican Skepticism of Trump Has Never Been Higher
- Column: The U.S. Prison System Doesn't Value True Justice
- How Green Is the Qatar World Cup’s Outdoor AC?
- 16 Funny and Whimsical White Elephant Gifts Under $25
- The 5 Best New TV Shows Our Critic Watched in November 2022