In an interview with the Wall Street Journal, James L. Brooks, the show’s longtime executive producer, said that removing the 1991 episode titled “Stark Raving Dad,” was “clearly the only choice to make.”
The episode featured Jackson’s voice as a character named Leon Kompowsky, a patient in a mental institution who believes that he is Michael Jackson; the episode was a fan favorite, especially since it features a memorable scene where Jackson sings a special birthday song to Lisa.
The episode has already been removed from Simpsons World and Brooks said that the process has been started to remove it from syndication and future physical media editions.
“I’m against book burning of any kind, but this is our book, and we’re allowed to take out a chapter,” Brooks said.
- Inside the Massive Effort to Change the Way Kids Are Taught to Read
- Dubai's Real Estate Market is Booming. One Company is Making It Possible to Invest From Anywhere in the World
- How to Exercise When It's Really Hot Outside
- A New Documentary Sheds Light on a Pivotal Movement in Asian American History
- Far From Home: Afghan Women are Attempting to Build New Lives Abroad
- What Experts Say About How Valuable The Inflation Reduction Act's Green Subsidies Will Be
- What to Know About Long COVID in Kids
- Want to Do More Good? This Movement Might Have the Answer