Google Doodle is celebrating International Women’s Day 2019 with words of determination, courage and motivation from 13 international female leaders.
The interactive slideshow features artwork, designed by female artists around the globe, of quotes appearing in the native language of each respective speaker or writer. The 13 featured women are known for their accomplishments across a range of fields including science, sports and the arts.
“I really believe in the idea of the future,” reads the quote by Iraqi-British architect Zaha Hadid, pictured in striking and colorful Arabic lettering, with shadows beneath creating an effect of dynamic movement.
Google asked the designers to explain how they personally interpreted the quotes. Dubai-based Abjad Design studio, fully owned by women, said Hadid’s words carry “a sense of hope and optimism for a brighter and better future.”
- Here's Where All The Strongest Hurricanes Have Hit the U.S. in the Past 50 Years
- 2022 Time100 NEXT: TIME’s List Of Emerging Leaders Who Are Shaping the Future
- Industrial Farming Causes Climate Change. The ‘Slow Food’ Movement Wants to Stop It
- Here Are the 12 New Books You Should Read in October
- Artist Oliver Jeffers Wants to Paint the World Out of a Corner
- A Vibrant North Korean Community in London Finds Its Days Are Numbered
- COVID-19 Vaccines Can Make Periods Longer, Study Says
- Column: What Happened When My Entire Family Came Out