French fashion label Jacquemus took minimalism to the max with the creation of a micro-handbag that clocked in at just 2″ in length for their Fall/Winter runway show during Paris Fashion Week.
The brand, known for its effortlessly sensual designs, already established itself in the handbag space with another diminutive purse favored by the likes of Kim Kardashian West and Rihanna, the Le Chiquito, which measures at 4″ x 2.5″. While these measurements are relatively small by most handbag standards, it’s still much larger than its little sister, the micro Le Chiquito, which can only comfortably dangle from a finger or two, much less hold the bare essentials of keys, credit cards and cell phone.
Don’t be surprised, however, if the micro Le Chiquito warrants a proportionally large price tag; its predecessor, the Le Chiquito retails for $522. Super small handbags aren’t the only accessories sizing down for the fashion crowd either; they’re getting some major competition from the tiny sunglasses trend, which certainly make the case that less is more where style is concerned (sun protection, perhaps not so much).
Although you might blink and miss it, you can see the micro Le Chiquito in action below.
- The Fall of Roe and the Failure of the Feminist Industrial Complex
- What Trump Knew About January 6
- Follow the Algae Brick Road to Plant-Based Buildings
- The Education of Glenn Youngkin
- The Benefits and Challenges of Cutting Back on Meat
- Here's Everything New on Netflix in July 2022—and What's Leaving
- Women in Northern Ireland Still Struggle to Access Abortion More Than 2 Years After Decriminalization