A Colorado motorist had a snow day to remember when he witnessed and recorded the show-stopping moment when an avalanche raced into a canyon on Sunday, filling the adjacent highway with snow.
According to Fox 31, Jacob Easton traveling with his father through Colorado’s Ten Mile Canyon on Interstate 70 when the avalanche came hammering down the mountain; Easton pulled the car over, where he recorded the snow falling down the mountain, where it blanketed not only Easton’s windshield, but the whole highway.
“All of a sudden, me and my dad just saw a big white cloud to the left of us and we instantly noticed the avalanche,” Easton said of the experience. “It’s exciting, but pretty nerve-wracking because you don’t know when it’s going to stop.”
The avalanche was one of several reported in Colorado over the weekend; other footage from the Colorado Avalanche Information Center shows more of the avalanche’s journey from a different angle.
Watch the footage below.
- Workers Are Furious. Their Unions Are Scrambling to Catch Up
- What the Facebook Whistleblower Did to the Company's Stock in 6 Weeks
- Photos from Migrants' Desperate Journeys to the U.S. Border
- Emily Ratajkowski: How I Learned to Let Go
- Afghanistan's Female Students Were Banned from Studying. Now Some Are Finding New Ways to Learn
- The 'Safe Supply' Movement Aims to Curb Drug Deaths Linked to the Opioid Crisis
- The 19 Most Underrated Movies on Netflix
- By Ending Legacy Admissions, Amherst Hopes to Change the Makeup of Its Student Body