Lady Gaga dazzled at the 91st Academy Awards red carpet in a black Alexander McQueen gown and a piece of jewelry that carries a significant amount of history.
Gaga, nominated in the Best Actress category for A Star Is Born, wore the Tiffany Yellow Diamond — a legendary stone that is one of the largest yellow diamonds ever found. At 128.54 carats, the diamond is worth about $30 million, according to People. It was discovered about 141 years ago, Tiffany & Co. Chief Artistic Officer Reed Krakoff said in a statement.
Gaga is apparently the first star to wear the stone since Audrey Hepburn sported it in publicity photos for the film Breakfast at Tiffany’s.
Gaga is also up for an Oscar in the Best Original Song category.
- Inside the Massive Effort to Change the Way Kids Are Taught to Read
- Dubai's Real Estate Market is Booming. One Company is Making It Possible to Invest From Anywhere in the World
- How to Exercise When It's Really Hot Outside
- A New Documentary Sheds Light on a Pivotal Movement in Asian American History
- Far From Home: Afghan Women are Attempting to Build New Lives Abroad
- What Experts Say About How Valuable The Inflation Reduction Act's Green Subsidies Will Be
- What to Know About Long COVID in Kids
- Want to Do More Good? This Movement Might Have the Answer