Lady Gaga dazzled at the 91st Academy Awards red carpet in a black Alexander McQueen gown and a piece of jewelry that carries a significant amount of history.
Gaga, nominated in the Best Actress category for A Star Is Born, wore the Tiffany Yellow Diamond — a legendary stone that is one of the largest yellow diamonds ever found. At 128.54 carats, the diamond is worth about $30 million, according to People. It was discovered about 141 years ago, Tiffany & Co. Chief Artistic Officer Reed Krakoff said in a statement.
Gaga is apparently the first star to wear the stone since Audrey Hepburn sported it in publicity photos for the film Breakfast at Tiffany’s.
Gaga is also up for an Oscar in the Best Original Song category.
- Who Will Be TIME's Person of the Year 2023?
- Why Cell Phone Reception Is Getting Worse
- The Dirty Secrets of Alternative Plastics
- Column: It's Time to Scrap the Abraham Accords
- Israeli Family Celebrates Release of Hostage Grandmother
- In a New Movie, Beyoncé Finds Freedom
- The Top 100 Photos of 2023
- Want Weekly Recs on What to Watch, Read, and More? Sign Up for Worth Your Time