Ahead the hostless 91st Academy Awards, Anne Hathaway reminded us that the ceremony probably couldn’t be worse than that time she and James Franco hosted in 2011.
A few hours before the awards ceremony, Hathaway posted a photo from her hosting gig eight years ago. “No matter what happens with today’s show, just remember, it’s already been worse,” she wrote.
Critics were not a fan of the pair’s lack of chemistry. Many also pointed out Franco’s low-energy demeanor—he at times looked half-asleep—that in turn made Hathaway appear overly enthusiastic. Accordingly, the actress couldn’t have picked a more fitting photo, with Franco having both eyes shut, to remember the night that brought plenty of cringe-worthy moments.
- The Man Who Thinks He Can Live Forever
- Rooftop Solar Power Has a Dark Side
- How a Government Shutdown Could Affect You
- Colleges Get Creative to Boost Mental Health
- Is It Flu, COVID-19, or RSV? Navigating At-Home Tests
- Paul Hollywood Answers All of Your Questions About The Great British Baking Show
- How Canada and India's Relationship Crumbled
- Want Weekly Recs on What to Watch, Read, and More? Sign Up for Worth Your Time