Glenn Close wore a dress to the 91st Academy Awards that paid homage to the famed gold Oscar statue.
Draped in gold, with a train fanning out behind her, Close looked like an Oscar herself on the red carpet at the 2019 Oscars. Her regal look, which she said weighed around 40 pounds and was adorned with 4 million beads, stunned viewers.
Whether or not she ends that record this year, Close arrived at the Oscars looking like a winner.
- Volodymyr Zelensky and the Spirit of Ukraine: TIME's 2022 Person of the Year
- Mickey Guyton Is TIME's 2022 Breakthrough Artist of the Year
- The 10 Best Nonfiction Books of 2022
- Column: What Elon Musk Gets Wrong About Free Speech
- The Forgotten Story of One of the First U.S. Soldiers Killed Overseas After Pearl Harbor
- Why You're More Likely to Get Sick in the Winter, According to New Research
- Column: What the Protests Tell Us About China's Future
- 18 Last-Minute Gifts for Everyone on Your List