Glenn Close wore a dress to the 91st Academy Awards that paid homage to the famed gold Oscar statue.
Draped in gold, with a train fanning out behind her, Close looked like an Oscar herself on the red carpet at the 2019 Oscars. Her regal look, which she said weighed around 40 pounds and was adorned with 4 million beads, stunned viewers.
Whether or not she ends that record this year, Close arrived at the Oscars looking like a winner.
- Taylor Swift Is TIME's 2023 Person of the Year
- Meet the Nation Builders
- Why Cell Phone Reception Is Getting Worse
- Column: It's Time to Scrap the Abraham Accords
- Israeli Family Celebrates Release of Hostage Grandmother
- In a New Movie, Beyoncé Finds Freedom
- The Top 100 Photos of 2023
- Want Weekly Recs on What to Watch, Read, and More? Sign Up for Worth Your Time