Glenn Close wore a dress to the 91st Academy Awards that paid homage to the famed gold Oscar statue.
Draped in gold, with a train fanning out behind her, Close looked like an Oscar herself on the red carpet at the 2019 Oscars. Her regal look, which she said weighed around 40 pounds and was adorned with 4 million beads, stunned viewers.
Close, who holds the record as the most Oscar-nominated actor to never win the award, received her seventh nomination this year in the Best Actress category for her role in The Wife.
Whether or not she ends that record this year, Close arrived at the Oscars looking like a winner.
More Must-Reads From TIME
- The Inside Story of Princeton's Cinderella Run at March Madness
- The Case for Betting on Succession's Tom Wambsgans
- For Both Donald Trump and Alvin Bragg, the Central Park Jogger Case Was a Turning Point
- If Donald Trump Is Indicted, Here's What Would Happen Next in the Process
- Alison Roman Won't Sugarcoat It
- Why Not All Observant Muslims Fast During Ramadan
- It's Time to Say a Loving Goodbye to John Wick
- Who Should Be on the 2023 TIME100? Vote Now
- Column: Ozempic Exposed the Cracks in the Body Positivity Movement