What’s the best way to get from point A to point B in the snow? According to a new viral video, skiing behind your horse and buggy.
In a video captured by Jennifer Staggemeyer of Waukon, Iowa, an Amish man is seen skiing on the side of the road being pulled by a horse and buggy that appeared not to have a driver.
In an interview with KWWL, Staggemeyer said that she initially thought that the horse and buggy was stuck in a ditch. When she got closer and saw that the this was a recreation situation, she was tickled. She did have two queries about this joy ride, however — first, how the man was able to keep his hat on during his endeavor and secondly, the safety of his feat.
“We were hoping he had a spotter because what if he wiped out?” she said. “No one would know!”
Watch the full clip below.
- Essay: The Tyre Nichols Videos Demand Solemnity, Not Sensationalism
- For People With Disabilities, Losing Abortion Access Can Be a Matter of Life or Death
- Inside the Stealth Efforts to Smuggle Starlink Internet Into Iran
- Natasha Lyonne on Poker Face and Creating Characters Who Subvert Leading-Lady Tropes
- How to Help the Victims and Community After the Monterey Park Shooting
- Why Grocery Staples Are So Expensive Right Now
- Quantum Computers Could Solve Countless Problems—and Create a Lot of New Ones
- Where to Watch All of the 2023 Oscar Nominees
- How to Be Mindful if You Hate Meditating