The temperatures outside were frigid, but inside the Michael Kors runway show at New York Fashion Week, viewers were invited to escape the city’s gray snow and winter dreariness by enjoying a live Barry Manilow performance of “Copacabana” on Wednesday morning.
The soft rock superstar brought down the house when he appeared during the finale of the show to perform his hit song. The disco-themed show included runway turns by the likes of Bella Hadid and OG supermodel Patti Hansen, who closed the show to thunderous applause, and a collection of looks that would have looked perfectly at home on the dance floor of Studio 54. Manilow’s wore a heavily embellished, glitzy orange blazer to take the stage, which was covered in gold tinsel; Hadid and other models joined Manilow on stage to dance as he crooned, fittingly, that “music and passion were always the fashion.”
Watch Barry Manilow steal the show at the Michael Kors runway show below.
- Here’s How Effective the Original Vaccines Are Against Omicron
- The Promise—And Possible Perils—of Editing What We Say Online
- How Trump Survived Decades of Legal Trouble: Deny, Deflect, Delay, and Don't Put Anything in Writing
- Flint Is Still Shaken by its Water Crisis—and Residents Are Experiencing Long-Term Mental-Health Issues
- A Beer Shortage Is Brewing. A Volcano Is Partly to Blame
- How Fasting Can—and Can't—Improve Gut Health
- Cities Keep Enforcing Curfews for Teens, Despite Evidence They Don't Stop Crime
- Joe Manchin’s Red Tape Reform Could Supercharge Renewable Energy in the U.S.
- Column: We Should Talk More About What a Brilliant Actor Marilyn Monroe Was