Cardi, who is nominated for Album of the Year for her debut project Invasion of Privacy as well as Record and Song of the Year for her hit “I Like It” with J Balvin and Bad Bunny, is also slated to perform during the evening’s festivities.
But it was her unique fashion moment that made her stand out from the get-go. According to sharp-eyed spectators, she was decked out in a vintage design from French brand Thierry Mugler, dating back to 1995. Cardi has gone to Mugler fashion shows before, so her choice of the brand shouldn’t be too much of a surprise. But that didn’t stop viewers from enjoying the unusual, aquatic-inspired style, which involved a nude bodysuit, dark skirt and pale pink gloves with a structural, ruffled clamshell design around her waist. To top it off? A crown of pearls, of course.
Cardi is no stranger to high fashion, regularly favoring show-stopping looks. Regardless of what happens when the awards are presented later in the evening, she’s already a winner on the red carpet.
- Global Climate Solutions Exist. It's Time to Deploy Them
- What Happens to Diane Feinstein's Senate Seat
- Who The Golden Bachelor Leaves Out
- Rooftop Solar Power Has a Dark Side
- How Sara Reardon Became the 'Vagina Whisperer'
- Is It Flu, COVID-19, or RSV? Navigating At-Home Tests
- Kerry Washington: The Story of My Abortion
- Want Weekly Recs on What to Watch, Read, and More? Sign Up for Worth Your Time