The actor and producer, who spun and turned on the runway to Robyn’s “Honey,” rounded out a diverse and inclusive cast of models that included Candice Huffine, Marquita Pring and Precious Lee, as Tess Holliday and Nicolette Mason watched from the front row.
In an interview with Teen Vogue, Holliday shared that seeing the show and its celebration of inclusivity was “amazing.”
“Seeing a trans woman in that [Zac Posen] dress followed by so many amazing plus size women [was] mind-blowing.”
11 Honoré has made a name for itself in the two years since it was founded by Patrick Herning for bringing designer and luxury fashion to women of all sizes, focusing especially on making offerings available in sizes 10 – 20+. The e-commerce site carries designs by labels like Christian Siriano, Zac Posen, Prabal Gurung, and more. This year’s show is the first time that the company has shown a fashion show at New York Fashion Week.
See Laverne rule the runway below.
- Here’s How Effective the Original Vaccines Are Against Omicron
- The Promise—And Possible Perils—of Editing What We Say Online
- How Trump Survived Decades of Legal Trouble: Deny, Deflect, Delay, and Don't Put Anything in Writing
- Flint Is Still Shaken by its Water Crisis—and Residents Are Experiencing Long-Term Mental-Health Issues
- A Beer Shortage Is Brewing. A Volcano Is Partly to Blame
- How Fasting Can—and Can't—Improve Gut Health
- Cities Keep Enforcing Curfews for Teens, Despite Evidence They Don't Stop Crime
- Joe Manchin’s Red Tape Reform Could Supercharge Renewable Energy in the U.S.
- Column: We Should Talk More About What a Brilliant Actor Marilyn Monroe Was