The actor and producer, who spun and turned on the runway to Robyn’s “Honey,” rounded out a diverse and inclusive cast of models that included Candice Huffine, Marquita Pring and Precious Lee, as Tess Holliday and Nicolette Mason watched from the front row.
In an interview with Teen Vogue, Holliday shared that seeing the show and its celebration of inclusivity was “amazing.”
“Seeing a trans woman in that [Zac Posen] dress followed by so many amazing plus size women [was] mind-blowing.”
11 Honoré has made a name for itself in the two years since it was founded by Patrick Herning for bringing designer and luxury fashion to women of all sizes, focusing especially on making offerings available in sizes 10 – 20+. The e-commerce site carries designs by labels like Christian Siriano, Zac Posen, Prabal Gurung, and more. This year’s show is the first time that the company has shown a fashion show at New York Fashion Week.
See Laverne rule the runway below.
- The Fight to Save the Salmon
- Inside the World of Black Bitcoin, Where Crypto Is About Making More Than Just Money
- The 'Great Resignation' Is Finally Getting Companies to Take Burnout Seriously. Is It Enough?
- Suddenly, Everyone on TV Is Very Rich or Very Poor. What Happened?
- Colin Powell Reflects on His Mistakes in Unpublished TIME Interview
- Business Travel's Demise Could Have Far-Reaching Consequences
- If the U.S. Spends Big on Climate, the Rest of the World Might Follow