With just 67 days to go until the premiere of Game of Thrones season 8 — the perfect amount of time to binge-watch every single episode — HBO has released the first official photos from Thrones‘ final run.
The collection of 14 images spotlights nearly all of the show’s remaining characters, including Jon Snow (Kit Harington), Daenerys Targaryen (Emilia Clarke), Arya Stark (Maisie Williams) and even Davos Seaworth (Liam Cunningham). However, with the exception of one shot that shows Jon and Dany standing close together in a wintry locale, most of the photos merely feature a solitary character staring broodily into the distance.
Whether it’s Cersei Lannister (Lena Headey) sitting on the Iron Throne or Tyrion Lannister (Peter Dinklage) standing on what appears to be the Winterfell balcony, the season 8 scenes captured in HBO’s first-look photos don’t give much away about what’s to come. But what’s new?
Game of Thrones returns for its eighth and final season on April 14.
See the new season 8 photos below.
- Climate-Conscious Architects Want Europe To Build Less
- The Red-State Governor Who's Not Afraid to Be 'Woke'
- Jonathan Van Ness: We Are Still Not Taking Monkeypox Seriously Enough
- The Not-So-Romantic Return of Europe's Sleeper Trains
- This Filmmaker Set Out To Record Her Family’s Journey Rebuilding Afghanistan. Her Work Is a Reminder of What’s at Stake
- Why Sunscreen Ingredients Need More Safety Data
- What Historians Think of the Joe Biden-Jimmy Carter Comparisons
- Author Mimi Zhu Is Relearning What It Means to Love After Trauma