In an interview with Variety, the business-savvy Banks shared that the venue, will open in late 2019 in Santa Monica, California, with plans to expand globally after the flagship’s launch.
“I’ve always been insanely inspired by attractions like Disneyland and Universal Studios and have wanted to bring that spirit of adventure and storytelling to the world of modeling,” Banks said. “But not the exclusive modeling industry. I’m talking about modeling for the masses.”
Banks has been working on the concept of Modelland for 10 years and envisions it as a place where visitors can embrace their personal beauty.
“All types of beauty — men and women, young and older — are invited to transform into the dream version of themselves,” she said. “When people leave Modelland, we want them to feel overjoyed and empowered.”
This is the latest in a string of business ventures that Banks has launched off of her wildly successful modeling career; in the time since she burst onto the fashion scene, she’s created America’s Next Top Model, had a singing, acting and writing career, hosted a daytime talk show, headed up a production company, and taught at Stanford.
- Taylor Swift Is TIME's 2023 Person of the Year
- Meet the Nation Builders
- Why Cell Phone Reception Is Getting Worse
- Column: It's Time to Scrap the Abraham Accords
- Israeli Family Celebrates Release of Hostage Grandmother
- In a New Movie, Beyoncé Finds Freedom
- The Top 100 Photos of 2023
- Want Weekly Recs on What to Watch, Read, and More? Sign Up for Worth Your Time