NFL quarterback-turned-commentator Tony Romo has stunned football fans all season with his Nostradamus-like play call predictions.
And the former Dallas Cowboys star did not disappoint many fans who were tuning in to listen to his commentary alongside BFF Jim Nantz during Super Bowl 53 Sunday evening.
Although the game stayed snoozy until well into the fourth quarter, fans were praising Romo for at least attempting to keep things interesting — and for keeping his play call winning streak alive.
Many fans seemed dumbfounded that Romo, who retired in 2016 after 14 years in the NFL, never snagged his own Super Bowl ring — and social media jokingly said he came off as the best quarterback in the otherwise dull game.
Read on to see what fans said about the 38-year-old NFL legend, who David Spade proclaimed went from “Jedi to Yoda overnight.”
See some of the best Tony Romo reactions below.
More Must-Read Stories From TIME
- How an Online Pharmacy Sold Millions Worth Of Dubious COVID-19 Drugs — While Patients Paid the Price
- Why Literally Millions of Americans Are Quitting Their Jobs
- Meet the Women Participating in the Study That Could Change Future of Breast Cancer
- Inside the Battle for the Hearts and Minds of Tomorrow's Business Leaders
- An Innovative Washington Law Aims to Get Foreign-Trained Doctors Back in Hospitals
- Why the Ex-Husband of a Missing Chinese Billionaire Is Risking All to Tell Their Story
- Timothée Chalamet Wants You to Wear Your Heart on Your Sleeve