A gunman killed two people and wounded two others before fatally shooting himself in State College, Pa., police say.
Authorities identified Jordan Witmer, 21, as the suspected gunman. The shootings began at P.J. Harrigan’s Bar & Grill inside a Ramada hotel, where he opened fire and killed Dean Beachy, 62, of Millersburg, Ohio, the Associated Press reports.
He also wounded a woman and another man at the bar, which is located about 2 miles from the Penn State University’s main campus. The AP reports Witmer had reportedly been in a relationship with the woman.
Witmer later broke into a home where he fatally shot another man before killing himself.
State College police did not immediately return calls for comment.
A tweet from Penn State University said it was monitoring the situation. Witmer’s name does not appear in the Penn State director as having been affiliated with the university.
- Here's Where All The Strongest Hurricanes Have Hit the U.S. in the Past 50 Years
- 2022 Time100 NEXT: TIME’s List Of Emerging Leaders Who Are Shaping the Future
- Industrial Farming Causes Climate Change. The ‘Slow Food’ Movement Wants to Stop It
- Here Are the 12 New Books You Should Read in October
- Artist Oliver Jeffers Wants to Paint the World Out of a Corner
- A Vibrant North Korean Community in London Finds Its Days Are Numbered
- COVID-19 Vaccines Can Make Periods Longer, Study Says
- Column: What Happened When My Entire Family Came Out