A gunman killed two people and wounded two others before fatally shooting himself in State College, Pa., police say.
Authorities identified Jordan Witmer, 21, as the suspected gunman. The shootings began at P.J. Harrigan’s Bar & Grill inside a Ramada hotel, where he opened fire and killed Dean Beachy, 62, of Millersburg, Ohio, the Associated Press reports.
He also wounded a woman and another man at the bar, which is located about 2 miles from the Penn State University’s main campus. The AP reports Witmer had reportedly been in a relationship with the woman.
Witmer later broke into a home where he fatally shot another man before killing himself.
State College police did not immediately return calls for comment.
A tweet from Penn State University said it was monitoring the situation. Witmer’s name does not appear in the Penn State director as having been affiliated with the university.
- Essay: The Tyre Nichols Videos Demand Solemnity, Not Sensationalism
- For People With Disabilities, Losing Abortion Access Can Be a Matter of Life or Death
- Inside the Stealth Efforts to Smuggle Starlink Internet Into Iran
- Natasha Lyonne on Poker Face and Creating Characters Who Subvert Leading-Lady Tropes
- How to Help the Victims and Community After the Monterey Park Shooting
- Why Grocery Staples Are So Expensive Right Now
- Quantum Computers Could Solve Countless Problems—and Create a Lot of New Ones
- Where to Watch All of the 2023 Oscar Nominees
- How to Be Mindful if You Hate Meditating