Former Secretary of State John Kerry said President Trump should resign from office while speaking at the World Economic Forum in Davos, Switzerland, CNBC reports.
When asked whether he had a message for the President, the Democrat from Massachusetts said Trump should “resign” after saying Trump “doesn’t take any of this seriously.”
The White House has not responded to the network’s request for comment, according to CNBC.
The President canceled his plans to attend the forum due to the ongoing government shutdown, which has left 800,000 government workers without pay for 32 days now.
In a tweet, the President denounced the media for criticizing his decision.
The government shutdown, now the longest in the nation’s history, prompted House Speaker Nancy Pelosi to urge President Trump to delay the State of the Union address on Jan. 29 — a plea he has rejected. In response, Trump canceled Pelosi’s planned trip to the Middle East.
- LGBTQ Reality TV Takes on a Painful Moment
- Column: How the World Must Respond to AI
- What the Debt Ceiling Deal Means for Student Loan Borrowers
- India’s Female Wrestlers Are Saying #MeToo
- 7 Ways to Get Better at Small Talk
- Florence Pugh Might Just Save the Movie Star From Extinction
- The End of Succession
- Scientists Get Closer to Harnessing Solar Power From Space