It all began when actress Beverley Callard was quoted as saying that she thinks celebrities are trying to make mental health problems “fashionable.” Morgan then shared a tweet that highlighted that quote, adding in his tweet that “She’ll be hammered for saying this, but it’s 100% true.”
This sentiment didn’t sit well with Turner who then quote-tweeted Morgan with a comment of her own, calling him out by noting that the motivation to open up the conversation about mental health could be because mental illness “affects 1 in 4 people in UK per year.”
This isn’t the first time that Morgan has had a controversial moment on Twitter; in October, he was slammed for mocking actor Daniel Craig in a tweet that criticized the way the Bond star for carrying his infant daughter.
See Morgan’s and Turner’s quotes below.
- How to Help Victims of the Texas School Shooting
- TIME's 100 Most Influential People of 2022
- What the Buffalo Tragedy Has to Do With the Effort to Overturn Roe
- Column: The U.S. Failed Miserably on COVID-19. Canada Shows It Didn't Have to Be That Way
- N.Y. Will Soon Require Businesses to Post Salaries in Job Listings. Here's What Happened When Colorado Did It
- The 46 Most Anticipated Movies of Summer 2022
- ‘We Are in a Moment of Reckoning.’ Amanda Nguyen on Taking the Fight for Sexual Violence Survivors to the U.N.