It all began when actress Beverley Callard was quoted as saying that she thinks celebrities are trying to make mental health problems “fashionable.” Morgan then shared a tweet that highlighted that quote, adding in his tweet that “She’ll be hammered for saying this, but it’s 100% true.”
This sentiment didn’t sit well with Turner who then quote-tweeted Morgan with a comment of her own, calling him out by noting that the motivation to open up the conversation about mental health could be because mental illness “affects 1 in 4 people in UK per year.”
This isn’t the first time that Morgan has had a controversial moment on Twitter; in October, he was slammed for mocking actor Daniel Craig in a tweet that criticized the way the Bond star for carrying his infant daughter.
See Morgan’s and Turner’s quotes below.
- What We Know So Far About the Deadly Earthquakes in Turkey and Syria
- Beyoncé's Album of the Year Snub Fits Into the Grammys' Long History of Overlooking Black Women
- How the U.S. Shot Down the Alleged Chinese Spy Balloon
- Effective Altruism Has a Toxic Culture of Sexual Harassment and Abuse, Women Say
- Inside Bolsonaro's Surreal New Life as a Florida Man—and MAGA Darling
- 'Return to Office' Plans Spell Trouble for Working Moms
- 8 Ways to Read More Books—and Why You Should
- Why Aren't Movies Sexy Anymore?
- How Logan Paul's Crypto Empire Fell Apart