Australian Prime Minister Scott Morrison is the center of an odd Internet conversation thanks to two left feet.
Morrison went viral after a wholesome photo of him with his wife and kids on the official government site was called out on Twitter for having two clean white sneakers meant for his left foot, an obvious Photoshop fail. The incident captured the attention of the Internet, which wasted no time in creating the hashtag, #shoegate, and making plenty of footwear jokes at the prime minister’s expense.
Morrison, for his part, seemed to take it in stride and good humor, cracking a joke about it himself via his Twitter account where he posted a photo of himself wearing a pair of K Swiss sneakers that had seen better days along with a caption that asked his department that “if you must Photoshop, please focus on the hair (lack thereof), not the feet.”
See the Photoshop fail and Morrison’s response below.
- The Inside Story of Princeton's Cinderella Run at March Madness
- The Case for Betting on Succession's Tom Wambsgans
- For Both Donald Trump and Alvin Bragg, the Central Park Jogger Case Was a Turning Point
- If Donald Trump Is Indicted, Here's What Would Happen Next in the Process
- Alison Roman Won't Sugarcoat It
- Why Not All Observant Muslims Fast During Ramadan
- It's Time to Say a Loving Goodbye to John Wick
- Who Should Be on the 2023 TIME100? Vote Now
- Column: Ozempic Exposed the Cracks in the Body Positivity Movement