Christian Bale, who is well known for playing a number of iconic American characters, shocked viewers all over at the 76th annual Golden Globes when he delivered a speech in his real-life British accent.
The Welsh-born Bale accepted the Best Actor award at the Golden Globes for his role as Dick Cheney in Adam McKay’s Vice. In an acceptance speech that involved thanking Satan for giving him inspiration for his character, people were most surprised at Bale’s real accent.
The shock quickly turned to disbelief at how Bale sounds like many famous British characters notable for their accents.
- Who Will Be TIME's Person of the Year 2023?
- Why Cell Phone Reception Is Getting Worse
- The Dirty Secrets of Alternative Plastics
- Column: It's Time to Scrap the Abraham Accords
- Israeli Family Celebrates Release of Hostage Grandmother
- In a New Movie, Beyoncé Finds Freedom
- The Top 100 Photos of 2023
- Want Weekly Recs on What to Watch, Read, and More? Sign Up for Worth Your Time