Christian Bale, who is well known for playing a number of iconic American characters, shocked viewers all over at the 76th annual Golden Globes when he delivered a speech in his real-life British accent.
The Welsh-born Bale accepted the Best Actor award at the Golden Globes for his role as Dick Cheney in Adam McKay’s Vice. In an acceptance speech that involved thanking Satan for giving him inspiration for his character, people were most surprised at Bale’s real accent.
The shock quickly turned to disbelief at how Bale sounds like many famous British characters notable for their accents.
- Inside Mississippi's Last Abortion Clinic—and the Biggest Fight for Abortion Rights in a Generation
- Do Current COVID-19 Tests Still Detect Omicron?
- The First U.S. Offshore Wind Farm Could Be a Lifeline for Struggling New England Cities
- Welcome to TV's Era of Peak Redundancy
- The Key Role a Local Newspaper Played in the Trial Over Ahmaud Arbery's Murder
- TIME's Top 100 Photos of 2021
- 2021: The Year the Grift Kept Giving