Christian Bale, who is well known for playing a number of iconic American characters, shocked viewers all over at the 76th annual Golden Globes when he delivered a speech in his real-life British accent.
The Welsh-born Bale accepted the Best Actor award at the Golden Globes for his role as Dick Cheney in Adam McKay’s Vice. In an acceptance speech that involved thanking Satan for giving him inspiration for his character, people were most surprised at Bale’s real accent.
The shock quickly turned to disbelief at how Bale sounds like many famous British characters notable for their accents.
More Must-Reads From TIME
- AI Is Not an Arms Race
- The 30 Most Anticipated Movies of Summer 2023
- Here's What's in the Debt Ceiling Deal
- India’s Female Wrestlers Are Saying #MeToo
- The End of Succession
- What Erdoğan’s Victory Means for Turkey—and the World
- Why Everyone Is Having Bad Sex (Especially Young People)
- Florence Pugh Might Just Save the Movie Star From Extinction