Michelle Yeoh arrived at the 76th annual Golden Globes rocking the iconic ring her character Eleanor Young wore in Crazy Rich Asians.
In the movie, Eleanor is frequently seen wearing the emerald ring. She eventually gives it to her son, Nick, so he can propose to his girlfriend, Rachel, in a move that comes to symbolize her approval of their relationship.
The ring, which comes from Yeoh’s personal jewelry collection, was back on her hand on the red carpet at the 2019 Golden Globes. She told The Knot last year that it felt important Eleanor’s ring to feel authentic.
“It was very important for it to be real,” she said. “And Eleanor was a character who knew what she wore had to be flawless. Her [own] mother-in-law did not approve and did not give her the family ring at the end of the day… so that ring had to be very special.”
- Inside the Massive Effort to Change the Way Kids Are Taught to Read
- Dubai's Real Estate Market is Booming. One Company is Making It Possible to Invest From Anywhere in the World
- How to Exercise When It's Really Hot Outside
- A New Documentary Sheds Light on a Pivotal Movement in Asian American History
- Far From Home: Afghan Women are Attempting to Build New Lives Abroad
- What Experts Say About How Valuable The Inflation Reduction Act's Green Subsidies Will Be
- What to Know About Long COVID in Kids
- Want to Do More Good? This Movement Might Have the Answer