Images posted by local emergency officials depicted a semi-truck and at least one small vehicle in flames. The Gainesville Sun reports the crash involved two tractor-trailer rigs and two passenger vehicles, and took place between Gainesville and Alachua County.
Approximately 50 gallons of fuel were spilled in the collision, though the fire is now out, according to the officials.
Local safety officers used a helicopter to help locate possible missing victims.
The crash took place near mile marker 393, north of Northwest 39th Avenue. Drivers headed in both directions are advised to avoid the area for several hours.
- The Fight to Save the Salmon
- Inside the World of Black Bitcoin, Where Crypto Is About Making More Than Just Money
- The 'Great Resignation' Is Finally Getting Companies to Take Burnout Seriously. Is It Enough?
- Suddenly, Everyone on TV Is Very Rich or Very Poor. What Happened?
- Colin Powell Reflects on His Mistakes in Unpublished TIME Interview
- Business Travel's Demise Could Have Far-Reaching Consequences
- If the U.S. Spends Big on Climate, the Rest of the World Might Follow