Images posted by local emergency officials depicted a semi-truck and at least one small vehicle in flames. The Gainesville Sun reports the crash involved two tractor-trailer rigs and two passenger vehicles, and took place between Gainesville and Alachua County.
Approximately 50 gallons of fuel were spilled in the collision, though the fire is now out, according to the officials.
Local safety officers used a helicopter to help locate possible missing victims.
The crash took place near mile marker 393, north of Northwest 39th Avenue. Drivers headed in both directions are advised to avoid the area for several hours.
- Global Climate Solutions Exist. It's Time to Deploy Them
- What Happens to Diane Feinstein's Senate Seat
- Who The Golden Bachelor Leaves Out
- Rooftop Solar Power Has a Dark Side
- How Sara Reardon Became the 'Vagina Whisperer'
- Is It Flu, COVID-19, or RSV? Navigating At-Home Tests
- Kerry Washington: The Story of My Abortion
- Want Weekly Recs on What to Watch, Read, and More? Sign Up for Worth Your Time