As the 116th Congress convened on Thursday, representatives’ adorable children and grandchildren couldn’t help but distract from the proceedings.
The occasion appeared to be a celebratory one for the family members in attendance for the swearing-in, with some of the kids demonstrating their excitement by dancing and cheering at various times throughout the ceremony. The granddaughter of newly-elected House Speaker Nancy Pelosi was particularly enthusiastic about the day’s events, especially the moment that Pelosi voted for herself as Speaker.
The Internet, of course, was quick to express their admiration for the cute youngsters, with some tweeting their support for more congressional baby content going forward. “Motion to make cute Congress babies the new Instagram dogs,” wrote one Twitter user.
See some more reactions below.
- Here's Where All The Strongest Hurricanes Have Hit the U.S. in the Past 50 Years
- 2022 Time100 NEXT: TIME’s List Of Emerging Leaders Who Are Shaping the Future
- Industrial Farming Causes Climate Change. The ‘Slow Food’ Movement Wants to Stop It
- Here Are the 12 New Books You Should Read in October
- Artist Oliver Jeffers Wants to Paint the World Out of a Corner
- A Vibrant North Korean Community in London Finds Its Days Are Numbered
- COVID-19 Vaccines Can Make Periods Longer, Study Says
- Column: What Happened When My Entire Family Came Out