In a video posted by Storyful, which was reportedly shot by his wife, Matt O’Donnell is seen standing on the side of a cliff in Manilla, near Tamworth, New South Wales, Australia, wearing a parachute in preparation for a group paragliding trip. A twister suddenly sweeps across the hill, whisking him into the air in a terrifying spiral. According to ABC13 news, his wife was on the ground nearby watching helplessly as he is swept away on a frightening ride.
In the video, a woman, presumably O’Donnell’s wife, can be heard screaming in terror as her husband is flung about. “Is he okay?” she asks.
“I never want to fly again,” the woman can be heard saying, which is a very relatable statement.
Luckily, O’Donnell is reportedly an experienced paraglider who knew how to handle himself once the sudden updraft calmed down and he found himself sailing far above the earth. The natural roller coaster didn’t seem to phase O’Donnell at all. According to Australian news outlet News.com.au, it was just another day in the air for paragliders who “are taught the risks and avoid flying in or near dust devils.”
O’Donnell reportedly regained control of the glider and headed out on a five-hour flight.
- These Charts Show COVID-19 Is Still the Pandemic of the Unvaccinated
- Reddit Allows Hate Speech to Flourish in Its Global Forums, Moderators Say
- What It Takes to Get Support for a Black Boy With Special Needs
- Shonda Rhimes Already Knows What You're Going to Watch Next
- How Harry Reid Paved the Way for Democrats to Kill the Filibuster
- President Biden's Speech in Atlanta Was Designed to Appeal to Black Voters—But Not Everything About It Succeeded
- China Is Finding Fewer Reliable Sources of Coal. That Could Be Bad News for the Climate